MCMMO Stuff

Discussion in 'Ideas and Feedback' started by itsn0tme, Jan 2, 2017.

1. itsn0tme

itsn0tme New Member

So, playing a bit, you realize mcmmo is pretty useful (gardening, woodcutting). But later on down the line, you realize you have level 200+ woodcutting with 5 seconds of Tree Feller, and realize how monotonous the plugin is. Its not used much, and yet theres so much potential in it. Especially considering this is skyblock, and that theres an economy involved, I believe there should be 2 revamps/additions to the plugin.

1) Add some more perks to the useful jobs. For example, woodcutting level 250 gives double drops (just spitballing, feel free to add suggestions). This'll definitley give people more things to do, in turn meaning more things to farm, in turn meaning more time spent on the server.

2) Add a system for which you can get money from doing these MCMMO "jobs". For example, killing certain mobs gives an amount of money that goes up with MCMMO level, or selling apples from woodcutting gives a relative amount of money based on your level. This would help newer players make more money, and as many of us know from the constant "How do i get money?" followed by silence and leaving, this would encourage newer folks to stay. Of course, you can argue that voting gives money to new players too, but they don't all know that upon entering and don't always care to vote. If you build a relationship with them by creating a noob friendly environment, you've got yourself a loyal customer.

Just my two cents on how to make skyblock a little more fun for all of us. Again, feel free to leave suggestions to job perks below, and tell me what you think about this ramble c:

• Like Like x 1
  2. bork

bork Active Member

Great idea as a whole. I feel as a few tweaks it could be more adaptable to the skyblock-based server(s) on Frosty.

For the money concern, I made a guide here, which can work for new or experienced players:
    http://frostymc.org/threads/more-money.1239/

To make the changes you're addressing for McMMO would require more scripting, and that's if Frosty would want to try it himself or ask another person to do so, thus taking more time.

They're not bad ideas, it just wouldn't be simple to do and wouldn't be simple to complete in a short amount of time.

:)

3. itsn0tme

itsn0tme New Member

Yeah, it'd be a bit of work, and I think your money making tips are pretty good. But the McMMo scripting isn't too hard, and there are a few plugins that complement the McMMO/economy stuff to make it easier. Another thing to consider is that new players don't really go to forums much, if ever, thereby really making your post a bit tailored to people who already know this stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bork

bork Active Member

Not necessarily, if/when people ask I show them to that. It usually helps also when told directly as well. It's a possible idea, but Frosty is busy, so in the meantime they can use that guide.

• Like Like x 1
  5. itsn0tme

itsn0tme New Member

Fair enough, didn't consider. Guess it stands as a suggestion for the future then :p

• Like Like x 1
  6. bork

bork Active Member

Yup!

• Like Like x 1