There are 0 players online.

Social Media & Updates

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bork, Jan 2, 2017.

?

If you agree, which social media platform?

1. Twitter

100.0%
  2. Instagram

50.0%
  3. Facebook

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Ask.FM

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. bork

bork Active Member

I was thinking if the server had more social media account(s) across other platforms besides YouTube and the MC Server Listing websites, we could get noticed even more, leading to more players joining!

Whoever would run any, which I'd be honored to volunteer if needed, would keep it active enough for other players to stay engaged in.

I believe this can be a great way to keep the community of FrostyMC together even out of the server/when offline.

For example;
    •Twitter- whomever runs it would post updates on what's new and going on with the server, just like Frosty does on the forums for News/Announcements.
    •Instagram- whomever runs it would post friendly photos of the server or of players having fun on their island, etc.. to share with the community.
    [and other platforms]

I've personally experience great success with these methods to spread the word of the server out there to the gaming community as a whole. I have even ran a few before which was very fun, it did keep players in contact and want to share their photos online.

Not everyone has signed up to the forums, but also with joining other social media, players can get instant notifications from the page right onto any device. It's very convenient in my opinion.

If opposed to this, I'd recommend at least adding an 'updates' channel to Discord for those who already joined the server's Discord channel.

Thank you, just a suggestion. :)

2. Frosty

Frosty Owner Staff Member

I plan to do a ton of updates, social media, everything once my paypal and bank issues are solved. Should be tomorrow, but with paypal you never know. I can't do anything until then. Sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bork

bork Active Member

Okay sounds great. I just wanted your feedback on it. Thank you. I understand, hope all is able to be figured out soon!