Staff Inactive..

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bork, Jan 5, 2017.

1. bork

bork Active Member

I've been realising a lot lately that most of the staff members on Summit have been inactive. The only person I've been seeing recently is SinfulFish and sometimes within the past week, atherguy.

I understand if people are busy for a bit, but for them to get Helper then go inactive, how is that fair? I believe they should at least start checking in to make sure everything is smooth. My schedule IRL is full mainly during weekdays, but I make time to check in for a bit at least once.

Many incidents have occured where a mute/warn, or two, was needed, but there was no staff members online. Therefore, I went on the forums to make reports and afterwards I'm told "there's nothing can do because it was only something to be muted."

Well, maybe if the issue was taken care of the first time, soon as someone could, I wouldn't have to make multiple reports on the forums for the reports to not even get a response and me waiting here for nothing.

This makes me quite upset because ONE incident, a few days ago, a player kept insulting me and saying rude remarks but nothing was taken care of, along with them cursing out of rage Multiple times [stated in rules 2 no raging & vulgar language]. To this day this player is still able to come in chat and do it anytime they don't agree with me, only because they were never muted/warned, not even told, to not do this. Remember, this happened multiple days before I finally reported it because there wasn't staff.

Similar incidents have happened between other players and they have said "Why should I report it if no one does anything about it?"

I don't want to be a player who has to /ignore everyone just because of people wanting to harass/bully me for no reason or just because they're disagreeing with me. They can simply be warned or muted, like they should, by a staff member. :(

Disclaimer:
    I love the server, but I feel as the whole staff situation should be more organized. All staff members are very nice, just not active to do their job when needed.

Once again, this did not just happen once.

Please leave your feedback on how you feel about this as well. :(

2. SinfulFish

SinfulFish Member

I'm on a lot and I go through every server instance about every 10 minutes to check if anything is going on. I have everything relatively under control, but you're right I do wish more staff was online more often. I do like seeing that you have so much passion for the server. If anything happens again when i'm not online or any other staff member is not online add my skype. Ill send it to you privately. Just tell me and i'll try to get online and fix the problem. Thank you for your feedback ;D.

-Fish

@Frosty

• Like Like x 1
  3. bork

bork Active Member

U
    Unfortunately I don't have a Skype. Is there any second best way to contact you?
    Also, yes, I do understand. I do see other staff active on Frosty/Prison/Factions, but the least on Summit. You're relatively more active, but if you're not on, rarely anyone else is.
    I appreciate the help and for you taking your time to give your opinion on this issue.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yasuyan555

Yasuyan555 Active Member

I agree most staff is inactive.
    But also, where did all those player I've seen go?

• Like Like x 1
  5. bork

bork Active Member

Not sure, there used to be around 35 players minimum a day, but not anymore. Could be busy w/ school/life or not active anymore. Oh well.

6. Packerbacker794

Packerbacker794 New Member

Send it to me I am on frequently and I will message you on Skype :)

7. Seronical

Seronical Member

I can see that the staff are a bit inactive when it comes to Summit, but most of the staff enjoy and play on a different server than frosty so it's less motivating to go on there just to sit there and wait to see if anything happens. What should be put in place is reporting something that ends with a warning or mute should be allowed and when the person next logs in it sends it in chat and on screen that they've been warned/muted for the following reason.

8. bork

bork Active Member

I understand with them playing others than Summit, but they barely play Summit and us as regular players can only ask a player to kindly stop when you know they won't. In a way it defeats the purpose of staff, not every staff member, if they aren't active enough on Summit. You cant report it to staff if they aren't on. Possibly PM'ing them on other contacts such as Skype or here on the forums, but not everyone can contact staff that easy. That's the purpose of active staff. I have reported even minor situations here on the forums, but they get overlooked because it was something only someone deserved a mute or kick, which I understand. I wouldn't have to report non-bannables offenses if there was active staff on Summit.

That is all I'm saying lol

9. Vanticity

Vanticity New Member

cough cough /ignore

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. bork

bork Active Member

Thats not the point. So everyone is just going to /ignore everyone for every situation? Makes sense.