[USA] borkdoggo Staff App

Discussion in 'Staff Application' started by bork, Dec 25, 2016.

1. bork

bork Member

Minecraft Username:
    ttrash [formally borkdoggo]

How long have you been playing FrostySB:
    I have been playing FrostySB for about four weeks now.

What is your timezone:
    I live in the Eastern Time Zone (UTC- 05:00)

How many hours a day do you play:
    On the weekends, I play at least a minimum of one-three hours a day, I tend to play a lot more, also depends on my schedule. I at least try to make time to come and check in to see how everything's going.
    On the weekdays, I try to play for a minimum of one hour a day, it depends on the amount of homework or after school activities. I also try to at least make time to check in to see how everything's going.

Are you Respectful/Respected:
    I am a respectful person and I would say I'm respected because of that.

What can you do to benefit FrostySB:
    I can benefit FrostySB by having an extra set of eyes to watch over just incase of any situation occurring, whether it's positive or negative. I feel as I would impact the server mostly by being helpful by answering questions and concerns of other users just as I try my best to do now.

Why should we chose YOU over other applicants:
    I believe it all depends on the individual and how others see you. I don't think it's a game of "who's better?"- it's whoever qualifies with the standards met.

Do you have any former experience being a staff member on a minecraft server:
    I do have past experience of being a staff member on a previous minecraft server. I have been everything from a trial staff member to the highest moderator. Honestly, it depended how popular the server was and if it was in need of staff more often than others. To add, I was also an owner of two servers before, one being hosted by me. All events ended well, many servers just so happen to shut down through time for multiple reasons.

Have you ever been banned on FrostySB:
    I have never been banned, muted, or even kicked on FrostySB.

Scenario 1: You see someone spamming the chat but they won't stop, what would you do [if anything]:
    First, I would mute said player for a short amount of time (i.e.. two minutes)
    If they continued, I'd give a little longer mute each time.
    If it was excessive such as an unapproved link, advertisement, or found a way around it, I would take it to higher staff immediately for further actions to be taken place.
    If a higher staff member wasn't available, I'd permanently mute them, especially if it was for advertising or something said that was against the rules.

Scenario 2: you see someone saying in helpop that there is a hacker in pvp but there are no mods on, what do you do? [if anything]:
    First, I would tell them, the victim, to immediately take any screenshots or videos to have backup evidence or proof of said hacker.
    Then, I would do my best to check out the event that's taking place to see for myself and if there is, get any proof of my own as well. I believe visual proof is the best evidence in any situation because any person can say anything they want. even lie.
    Finally, I would post a thread about it if the victim hasn't already done so, waiting for further actions to be taken place by a higher staff member.

Scenario 3: You see someone advertising their shop every 15 seconds, what do you do? [if anything]:
    First, I would tell that player to kindly stop advertising their shop that often, as It is spamming and can be aggravating for others to see pop up in their chat.
    If they continue, I would take the same actions as I would in the first scenario.

Scenario 4: You see someone say a homophobic remark in /m, what do you do? [if anything]:
    First, I would kindly tell them to not continue saying such slurs, especially if they didn't know any better because some people take it as a joke when it's clearly not something to joke about.
    Then, I would ask them to apologize if it was directed towards a player(s), as it is disrespectful, offensive, and against the rules. I would tell and warn the said player that it was against the rules.
    If they continued, ignoring anything nicely asked stated from above, I'd start to mute, taking actions similar to the first scenario. If two players were in on a joke, I'd clarify with both of them if it was and to still not make remarks because if others see, they can take it the wrong way.
    Either way, I would ask the victim(s) to take proof whether it's a screenshot or video, as evidence, then to report the player. If I happen to catch it, I will take proof myself and have either the victim(s) or I report it to the forums.

Scenario 5: You see someone abusing staff/player in /m, what do you do? [if anything]:
    First, I would warn the player to stop and tell them to please be kind to others as it is disrespectful and against the rules.
    Then, I would ask them to apologize to said player(s) they were bullying or harassing. If they do not, I would give them another chance as long as they didn't continue to harass, then I would follow a similar process as I would stated in the first scenario.
    Either way, I would ask the victim(s) to take proof whether it's a screenshot or video, as evidence, then to report the player. If I happen to catch it, I will take proof myself and have either the victim(s) or I report it to the forums.

Scenario 6: You see someone say a popular server name in chat, what do you do? [if anything]:
    If they were genuinely talking about it, I would kindly warn them to stop and if it continued, to take precautions as I did in the first scenario.
    If it was on purpose. I would know by them spamming or saying "join here!", I would immediately mute them and clear chat so no one else seen it, since adveritisng is against the rules.

(I know this is not required or part of the template, but I wanted to make sure my points were clear or summed up)

Moral of all the scnearios:
    No matter the scenario, I would be very careful and to not abuse such power. Most of the time you can tell if a situation is a genuine mistake or done on purpose. Regardless, all players should read and understand the rules before taking any actions, or to at least know it when a player first joins to prevent any mistakes. if I situation such as a teleportation kill is done, I'd take proof if I have any, and if it is something I can help sort out between players if it was a mistake, then I would not mute or report if the victim is satisfied of the outcome. I will take immediate actions if someone is going against the rules or trying to go around them purposely. [I love this server with a passion]

• Like Like x 1
    #1 bork, Dec 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2017 at 6:21 PM
  2. bork

bork Member

I edited it slightly to clarify my wording and to fix my join date. Hope all is well. o_O

3. SinfulFish

SinfulFish Member

Great application Bork, Good Luck Bud!.

-Fish

• Like Like x 1
  4. SinfulFish

SinfulFish Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. SweetnLow13

SweetnLow13 New Member

This is a really great application Bork. From your answers, it's pretty clear that you could handle any situation in a calm and mature way. Good luck to you :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Seronical

Seronical Member

Application is short on some of the questions. -1 for now.

7. bork

bork Member

Thank you!

8. bork

bork Member

Thank you very much, it means a lot to hear!

• Like Like x 1
  9. bork

bork Member

How so?
    If I explained all situations in great detail, this would be a novel. I kept it simple, yet informative enough of how I would handle it. Sometimes it's good to keep it short and sweet! :p

• Like Like x 1
  10. xJqst_VGT

xJqst_VGT New Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. bork

bork Member

Thank you, it means a lot!

12. Seronical

Seronical Member

Ah sorry for not responding, just short on How you would benefit frosty as that is a important question and should be described in great detail that's all :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. bork

bork Member

Ah gotcha, thanks and no worries. If any current staff wants me to explain in more detail, I'd be glad to. For the most part it'd be pretty similar to your cliche "to make the server a better place/help/keep everything in line", even though I do and can have be better strong points in certain areas of the 'job' if I were a staff member.

14. SinfulFish

SinfulFish Member

Bork is bae

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. bork

bork Member

Fish is bae

16. bork

bork Member

Username updated to ttrash ~ formally borkdoggo

[my nick is still borkdoggo]