Which Spawner is the Best?

Discussion in 'Skyblock Discussion' started by bork, Jan 8, 2017.

1. bork

bork Active Member

I'm deciding on which types of mob farms to really get into, I would like to narrow It down to one main one.
    I've heard these three are really efficient: iron golem [ig], creeper, and cow.

I have a minimum of one of each and they all work well for me, regardless.

I've heard many people say that one or the other is the best, but if anyone has exact calculations or proof which one is the all-time best no matter how many you have, please share it below..
    I want to know which type to really invest into, but I'm not sure at all. I've had great luck with all three types, but cannot afford all of them at once.

Thank you! :)

2. Vanticity

Vanticity New Member

Since you don't have enough money, or you have enough to buy 2 or 1, you can make a cactus farm, if they're big they can be the same as a cow grinder i'm pretty sure. They're cheap and dont take much time at all and are easy to make since you have /fly

you can use that money to either decide to make a spawner grinder

• Like Like x 1
  3. bork

bork Active Member

Thanks. I do have a cacti farm to help, however, it's only $13,000 per inventory. It's somewhat a source of income. The sand is quite expensive too. I kinda just wanna narrow it to one type of farm overall. Still, any suggestions with the ones I have mentioned?

4. Yasuyan555

Yasuyan555 Active Member

wT DO U MEAN Dirt is!

5. TimmyBubbles

TimmyBubbles New Member

hey Bork, back when i started, i did some calculations on this topic between my cow spawners and creeper farms.
    i'd like to emphasise that the following calculations may have a lot of variation given the design of the spawner being efficient/ inefficient. also the scale of my 'experiment' was limited due to my funding. here are my following results.

so during my experiment:
    i had 10 creeper spawners (230k $)
    i had 15 cow spawners (150k $)

after half an hour (30mins) i had collected 1321 gunpowder. ( 1321 @5$ each = 6605)
    after half an hour (30mins) i had collected 3569 leather and steak. (3569 @ 3$ each = 10707)
    therefore it would be safe to say,
    the amount of money made/ total amount invested (spawners) = how much i made back (in 30 mins)
    ^ using this equation
    Gunpowder >> 6605/2300000 = 0.00287174
    Leather >> 10707/ 1500000 = 0.007138

therefore now that i have a common value of how much i made per half an hour i can divide the larger by the smaller to have a ratio
    0.007138/0.00287174 = 2.486.
    which tells us that you get almost 2.5 times as much from COW spawners then CREEPER spawners.

id like to re emphasise that these results are tentative to change in anyone trying to reproduce them, i probably should have made an average from three trials, however i didn't and therefore this is as useful as i can be, at this specific moment in time. however i also acknowledge that cow spawners will require substantially more time to sell.

By the way guys! i have a profit shop in my island, i give gunpowder to people for free:) just type /is warp TimmyBubbles and you will see what i mean :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. bork

bork Active Member

What?

7. bork

bork Active Member

Thank you so much, Timmy. It was really helpful to show how you did your trial and explained it. That is what I've been looking for. :) Its hard to look up online for calculations when every guide is different.
    I dont mind the time it takes to sell it all, I enjoy having the higher end of thr products. Once again, thank you.
    One more thing, how was the designs of the farms of both?

8. Yasuyan555

Yasuyan555 Active Member

Sorry. I think this was my sister.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bork

bork Active Member

No worries.

10. Yasuyan555

Yasuyan555 Active Member

well. Now u know how SMART she is. xD #Smartness

• Like Like x 1
  11. bork

bork Active Member

Lol... classic

12. cfgamefreak87

cfgamefreak87 Member

I don't really have much to say about the efficiency of spawners, but I was looking through this thread and I must say I love this. It is very extensive, thorough, and extremely well done. I applaud you sir on this work.

• Like Like x 1
  13. bork

bork Active Member

That's alright, but yes he did give great help!

14. TimmyBubbles

TimmyBubbles New Member

Thank you both for the positive feedback, its very much appreciated!
    Bork, if you still haven't made a grinder and need help, feel free to pm me in game anytime!

now that i have money, if you have any questions about any type of spawner, tell me and ill try to conduct more similar tests :) hopefully more accurate too!

• Like Like x 1
  15. bork

bork Active Member

Thanks for the help! I will let you know if I do. Sounds good :)