There are 0 players online.

(AUS) xKalani staff application

Discussion in 'Staff Application' started by Kalani, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Kalani

Kalani Member

Minecraft Username: xKalani

How long have you been playing FrostySB: 2 weeks

What is your timezone: AEDT/AEST

How many hours a day do you play: 3+

Are you Respectful/Respected: Yes I feel I am very respectful and I feel I'm respected throughout the community.

What can you do to benefit FrostySB: I've had several years experience moderating and administrating servers and I've got several skills that can benefit most.

Why should we chose YOU over other applicants: As stated above I have been a moderator and administrator on several servers for many years. This experience gives me an edge because I'm able to adapt to almost all situations that may arise.

Do you have any former experience being a staff member on a minecraft server: Yes I do, I won't mentioned them here, for advertisement purposes, however if you would like to know more I can discuss in further.

Have you ever been banned on FrostySB: No

Scenario 1: You see someone spamming the chat but they won't stop, what would you do [if anything]: Mute then for the set amount of time in the staff tutorial (2 hours)

Scenario 2: you see someone saying in helpop that there is a hacker in pvp but there are no mods on, what do you do? [if anything]: I would assure the player that there I'm working on it, and I then would use a vanish potion or go on my alternate account to find the player and record footage and pass it onto a mod. If I have reasonable suspicion he is a hacker. I would kick him (As that is what I have in my helper commands) then wait till a mod gets on.

Scenario 3: You see someone advertising their shop every 15 seconds, what do you do? [if anything]:
    Explain that he can only advertise every 40 seconds and explain the consequence (A 5 minute mute) and then mute him for 5 minutes.

Scenario 4: You see someone say a homophobic remark in /m, what do you do? [if anything]:
    Homophobic language including in /m shouldn't be allowed therefore I would put a 1 hour mute on him and ask him not to say that language again.

Scenario 5: You see someone abusing staff/player in /m, what do you do? [if anything]:
    I would explain the rules to him and say that it's not allowed, and give him a warning.

Scenario 6: You see someone say a popular server name in chat, what do you do? [if anything]:
    Clear chat and inform the player he'll be receiving a 1d ban for it then proceed to message a moderator to enforce the 1d ban.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. bork

bork Active Member

Nice app., good luck!

3. Bird

Bird New Member

-1, no, just no. You say you're respectful yet you say this to me on one of my suggestions? Aight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dan

Dan New Member

-1 am afraid, as stated above I do believe you need time to mature a bit more. In my opinion.

5. Kalani

Kalani Member

I wasn't trying to be rude or inappropriate I was simply trying to reiterate and emphasize a point I hear everyday on the server, the way I bring that forth was lacking and I should have reworded it better.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yasuyan555

Yasuyan555 Active Member

Its alright since were each just giving out their own opinion. So there is no thing as who's right or not. Its opinion!:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Kalani

Kalani Member

Thanks!

8. Kalani

Kalani Member

I'd also like to say that these guys have a bias opinion against me due to the discussion of P2W.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. bork

bork Active Member

It's alright, I seen what you meant after. I apologize if my response came out harsh in any way. It can be difficult to interpret text, especially the tone of the person's explanation.

I see where/how that played into their replies after reassessing the situation. Understood :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Kalani

Kalani Member

Thanks for being open and reassessing your opinion, rare on the internet.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bird

Bird New Member

I don't care, you disrespected me because of an opinion, and that's not the correct way to respond or react to an opinion.
    EDIT: There's more! o: You called me and my friend @Dan bitches (shown here) for an opinion, again. You also completely assumed if I never have played, and yes, I have.

12. Kalani

Kalani Member

Ahahaa stop complaining, my opinions are raw and I wont filter myself. I'm not disrespecting you I'm simply saying it in my words and how I see it.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Bird

Bird New Member

So, what I'm getting by this is if you're staff and someone creates a suggestion that you don't like, you're going to disrespect them and respond immaturely ? If that's how you say it in your words. I'm stating facts because I don't want a staff like you disrespecting new players that join.

14. Kalani

Kalani Member

No not at all, the way I responded was appropriate mis-worded yes, could I worded it better yes, but the point I was trying to get across was that your idea wasn't ideal or even anywhere near practical. The fact is you have a witch hunt against servers being P2W, which FrostyMc is not, and you've gone and belittled people who haven't fitted your narative. I have never seen you on the server and I'm most definitely active at least 5 hours a day. I put 50+ hours in before I donated, if you don't like me that's fine but don't judge me by my 2am misworded sentence. The fact that I said mis worded a sentence then you went out and deliberately looked to affect me when you've not once met me nor know me is simply not mature. Your constant hunt to judge, me and the server is ridiculous. You and Dans constant "spamming"* of the forums hoping it's not P2W implies you haven't either played much or haven't played at all. Many players including, @Yasuyan555 @teenwolftoo and others know that I'm the most honest person you'll meet. The fact is having an honest person that may mis-word a sentence here or there is better than someone who constantly complains and goes out of their way to belittle and ruin someone.

* = Spamming was the only word I could think of however you and dan both posted 3, I think, post on P2W

15. Eep

Eep Member

Sorry, -1. seen a lot of issues on the forums with you.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  16. Yasuyan555

Yasuyan555 Active Member

I totally forgot out my staff app, but we were just saying our opinion more than argue?!?!?!

17. Seronical

Seronical Member

-1 for me, sorry.

18. Dan

Dan New Member

...and you all this mature?