There are 0 players online.

Illegal Modifications

Discussion in 'Server Related Questions' started by Bird, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Bird

Bird New Member

Hi, I did /rules and I noticed that it said this under one of the rules, so what are the illegal modifications? As I cannot seem to find a list that shows them.

• Like Like x 2
  2. bork

bork Active Member

For example, hacked clients are illegal modifications. Anything considered an illegal modification is a third-party application or download you can have that enhances a game on your end/client of the game. If we're talking about hacked clients, a further example would be being able to recieve /fly for free or a forcefield so you don't die. It's anything that gives you an advantage. However, it's considered "illegal" because the server rules said not to use them for fair game purposes and some people disobey and go ahead and use them anyway.

Hope this brief explanation helps!

3. Bird

Bird New Member

We really can't know what mods are considered illegal, such as macros (for auto chat messages), schematica, schematica printer, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. bork

bork Active Member

Pretty much anything that gives you a major advantage to the game is not allowed unless listed otherwise and is harmless such as Optifine. I have clarified in the past that this [Optifine] is so far the only acceptable mod. Certain mods aren't allowed even if you use 'em harmlessly such as macros for chat messages because there has been previous cases where people decided to use the other advantages of macros, therefore ruining the game for everyone else or "cheating" their way to the top.

5. Dan

Dan New Member

Would a macro used to configure button to certain tasks be allowed, similar to many other servers? What I mean by this is you are able to configure the command '/sellall' for example to be processed whenever you click a numpad button, which is not harmful in anyway and simply saves time, very useful!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. bork

bork Active Member

I'm sure you'd be able to, it's just risky allowing anyone because in the past 'automine' for macros was allowed and it was too much of an advantage for players and took the fairness away from the game of Skyblock. I'm sure you can still do that as long as you're being honest and truthful that that's all you're using of macros. After so many incidents it became a trust issue and was forbidden altogether and not recommended to get it, but I'm sure if you mention it to Frosty or atherguy if you see them, they can clarify everything up. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dan

Dan New Member

Many thanks @bork , on a side note to this, is AFK mining allowed (not using a macro but taping my mouse down?) I sure hope it is allowed... aha.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bork

bork Active Member

Anytime! Glad I can help. I've been around for some time so I know some things, just haven't been as active as I was during late 2016. I'm try to though haha.

Yes, it is allowed, just how you described is perfectly fine!

9. atherguy

atherguy Staff Staff Member

Macros, labymod, minimaps and things like that are allowed. Mainly no hacked clients.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Bird

Bird New Member

Could a thread be created for the allowed/disallowed mods (make sure to add suggestions for allowed/disallowed mods)? In case a new member doesn't find this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  11. atherguy

atherguy Staff Staff Member

I may in a bit. I don’t know all the legal ones off the top of my head.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bork

bork Active Member

Another great factor to add by the time the reset is complete! Thanks ather :D

13. NoHaxJustCowz

NoHaxJustCowz New Member

Ohhh you use tape? I put a stapler on my mouse xD

14. NoHaxJustCowz

NoHaxJustCowz New Member

Well actually I change mine/break block from mouse to like RShift then staplerify it.

15. bork

bork Active Member

Any weight can make it work or something to press or hold it down :p

16. Inactives

Inactives Member

Console client (For logging alts to afk your stuff to lower stress on PC)
    Schematica (Used to give the player highlighted builds for redstone and other things

17. bork

bork Active Member

I'm not sure as it is allowing a program to modify it. Assuming alts are fine, I guess so. @atherguy would have to tell you. Schematic- obviously prohibited.

18. Dan

Dan New Member

I was told schematica was allowed providing printer was not in use.

19. bork

bork Active Member

Ok.