There are 0 players online.

Important: Let's Talk Inactivity

Discussion in 'Ideas and Feedback' started by bork, Jun 19, 2017 at 7:22 AM.

?

Do you have social media? If so, which of the following?

This poll will close on Jul 19, 2017 at 7:22 AM.
  1. None

2. Instagram [can share if desired]

3. Twitter [can share if desired]

4. Facebook [can share if desired]

5. YouTube [can share if desired]

6. Other.. please specify

7. Prefer not to say

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. bork

bork Active Member

DISCLAIMER:
    I hate to be making this thread, but I feel like it has to be said. I hope no staff nor Frosty himself takes this personal, it's some constructive criticism. I apologize in advance if it comes off harsh, no harm is meant to be done.

I'd like to first start off by saying I absolutely love this server. I mean, who couldn't? You got everything you need, including some awesome perks such as Lucky Blocks while it still being an unmodded server.

I've noticed within the past month or so- there have been very little activity going on, on the server. It makes me very sad! I loved all the players from before and after the reset and seeing, basically, everyone go is heartbreaking. The most players I've seen on at a time was approximately 20. As I'm writing this, it's 10:00am EST and there's only 10 players. From my perspective, staff members have also been very inactive except @atherguy , he has been doing his responsibilities. (I can't speak a lot for others, as I used to be very inactive, but this has been a huge change within the past month. I hate to see my favorite server fall).

From what I've been hearing, some here and there have left due to "lag" or "invisible blocks", as I myself have slightly been experiencing these "invisible blocks/lag" when clearing out blocks from an area.

I completely understand if @Frosty is busy, it happens to all of us. However, I feel like his team [currently unsure if it only consists of him or anyone else] should be expanded. I'm not assuming, but I do believe he is the only one who works on the behind-the-scenes of this server. Maybe if there was more people able to assist Frosty when fixing issues, it'd be able to get done faster and have the [unpatient] players stay.

Furthermore, I do think more advertising can be done, whether free or at a cost. If Frosty cannot afford anymore advertising and this is where the community is, we can all attempt to help spread the word through other social media platforms. I, myself, can definitely advertise and spread the word to many others on Twitter and Instagram. Anything helps!

I hope many of you see this thread, read it, can also understand, and attempt to come together and possibly help Frosty advertise (in correct, proper ways) or vote.

Once again, I love this server and I'll stay with it and everyone through it's ups and downs.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dragonwarrior568

Dragonwarrior568 Member

Yes By the way @bork I have every social media in the polls as well as i think that one of the first things that could be done is restart the server to reduce lag just meaning they turn it off and on and second they should add updates just to keep some fun in it and third they should start doing those weekly events like they said they would and lastly Advertise the server, it would help alot if the server was advertised like frosty said 3 months or so ago but thats the last time i heard something from frosty. By the way i have seen Raven online here and there too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bork

bork Active Member

1) Thats a possibility. Not sure if Frosty has tried to do that yet or not.
    2) Yeah, it wouldn't hurt. We'd have to contribute some ideas for Frosty.
    3) I agree or at least do something small.
    4) Yes. I believe Frosty is still advertising, but I don't think that's enough.
    5) Correction, I've seen him maybe a few times, however, he was mostly AFK. I understand people get busy, but then they shouldn't have a space taken up as staff if it could go to someone else who deserves it and is active. No complaints about Raven though, very well.

4. Dragonwarrior568

Dragonwarrior568 Member

@bork he did help me by letting me use his villagers today and yesterday he helped me see how my fish farm works
    cause my other island member copied his a bit

• Like Like x 1