There are 0 players online.

[UK] Nua's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Application' started by Nua, May 4, 2017.

1. Nua

Nua New Member

Minecraft Username: Nua

How long have you been playing FrostySB: 2 weeks, but I have nearly 4 days in game time.

What is your timezone: GMT (UK Time)

How many hours a day do you play: 2-5 on weekdays, anywhere from 2-10 on weekends.

Are you Respectful/Respected: I am respected by most of the people I talk to, I don't think anyone hates me with a passion.

What can you do to benefit FrostySB: I can't say I'm good at building, but I am good with people. I am mature and can defuse situations like arguments and disputes between players. I have been online recently when there aren't any staff on, but there's 50+ players online at the time, which shows that the server needs either more staff or more active staff.

Why should we chose YOU over other applicants: I have previous experiences with being staff, on servers even bigger than this one. I don't like punishing people, so I listen to both sides of a story before giving out punishments and try to find a reason why I shouldn't penalise the player(s).

I am mature, and I try not to get into any arguments, although from time to time I can lose my cool. But I can control that as well.

I am very active on the server (although this is limited a lot by school and homework) and when I afk mine I'm usually still looking at my screen.

The server that I was Helper on had a very strict staff policy, and if you weren't on for 10 hours a week for 2 weeks in a row, you would be demoted there and then. The discipline they drilled into me hasn't gone away, and I know it has improved my staffing abilities.

Do you have any former experience being a staff member on a minecraft server: Yes, I was a Helper on the prison server "Asgard Ascension" for 3 months.

Have you ever been banned on FrostySB: No.

Scenario 1: You see someone spamming the chat but they won't stop, what would you do [if anything]: If they spam more than 3 times, I would mute them for 10 minutes.

Scenario 2: you see someone saying in helpop that there is a hacker in pvp but there are no mods on, what do you do? [if anything]: Contact a mod and record the hacker. If no Mod is available report the hacker on the forums/in the staff chat.

Scenario 3: You see someone advertising their shop every 15 seconds, what do you do? [if anything]: Since the shop advertisements are under 40 seconds between each one, it is a 5 minute mute.

Scenario 4: You see someone say a homophobic remark in /m, what do you do? [if anything]: Mute the player for 1 hour.

Scenario 5: You see someone abusing staff/player in /m, what do you do? [if anything]: 2 hour mute for player harassment.

Scenario 6: You see someone say a popular server name in chat, what do you do? [if anything]: If they say it passively with no intention of advertising it, I would tell the player to refrain from using the server's name in chat. If they advertise it, i.e "Join mineplex.com now" it's a 1 day ban. Then I would clear the chat.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  2. Waffle

Waffle New Member

Ah, AA, I miss that server.